California Wool Growers Association awards one $1,000 scholarship to an enrolled college student pursuing an academic program with an interest and/or emphasis in the California sheep industry.
Applicants must be a graduating high school senior and/or student enrolled in a California Community College, 4 year University within California, California State University, or University of California, and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Completed application.
- Verification of enrollment in a recognized California Community College, 4-year University within California, California State University, or University of California.
- Copy of Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation. Letters should be sent directly to the California Wool Growers Association by the respondents.
one-page essay addressing the following:
- What are your career plans and how will your career plans benefit and/or involve the sheep industry?
- What do you feel will be the major challenges that the California sheep industry will face in the future? What will be the major opportunities for success?
The following shall apply to Scholarship Recipients:
- Funds shall be placed in an account at the school to be attended or attending.
- Funds shall only be applied to school tuition, books, and supplies.
- All or part of these funds may be used at any time during the academic year of award.
Deadline to apply: March 1, 2020.
Online Submission: To submit your application electronically click HERE.
Applications and supporting documents can be mailed to 25 Cadillac Drive Suite 214, Sacramento, CA or emailed to email@example.com.